Senior Systems Architect
Design, architect and deploy strategtic technical solutions for a multitude of clients
The Senior Systems Architect is a strategic technical position within the organization. This position is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of customer’s environments, coordinating complex projects, and implementing solutions. The Senior System Architect will design, architect, deploy and/or orchestrate solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform design, implementation, installations, upgrades, and migration projects utilizing Microsoft’s suite of server products (Exchange, SQL); VMWare; Citrix; Infrastructure solutions.
- Engineer and implement system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs.
- Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution of familiar and unfamiliar networks as required or escalated.
- Ability to execute and deploy power shell scripting language
System documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Participate in pre-sales consultations and creation of Statement of Work/Project Plan details.
- Ability to work with senior team to develop new offerings; new designs based on core competencies of DP Solutions and agreed by senior management team.
- Document internal process and procedures related to design, implementation and projects.
- Periodic on call rotation and availability as needed during off business hours.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required:
- Juniper/Cisco JNCIP/CCNP or equivalent experience
- Microsoft MCSE or equivalent experience
- VMWare VCP or equivalent experience
- Citrix CCA or CCA-V or equivalent experience
- 7 Years of technical experience
- Experience with data center operations, server and network deployments and upgrades.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft technologies such as Exchange, SQL and Active Directory
- Configuration, upgrades and troubleshooting
- Extensive experience with VMWare technologies and solutions, including Horizon View
- Experience with network-related technologies such as DNS, DHCP, VLAN, 802.1Q
- Continued commitment to technology growth and development
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Ability to support the five core principals of DP Solutions: Surprise & Delight; Teamwork; Own It; Our People Matter; Long Term View
- Understanding of processes within ConnectWise
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Excellent benefits.
- Fun working environment and culture.