Service Desk ENGINEER - TIER 2
Enhance Your Technical & Customer Service Skills with a Diverse Client Base!
The Service Desk Engineer – Tier 2 is responsible for onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, including workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Desktop/laptop deployments
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required:
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, ConnectWise CCPA, LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- 5 Years of technical experience
- Experience with Exchange and Active Directory
- Juniper/JunOS experience – Preferred
- Experience with Virtual Microsoft Windows environment; P2V migrations
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, team work active listening and customer-care
- Ability to diagnose technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Ability to support the five core principals of DP Solutions: Surprise & Delight; Teamwork; Own It; Our People Matter; Long Term View
- Understanding of processes within ConnectWise
- Duties that may be required that are not clearly defined for overall success of DP Solutions; our clients and our work environment
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Excellent benefits.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.